- Total Duration – 4 Nights / 5 Days
- Access – Dehradun is connected by road & rail from Delhi
- Grade – Easy
- Maximum Altitude – 3925 Chandrashila Peak
- Best Season -Round the year (Except Monsoon)
- Weather – The nights can be cold. Day temperatures are pleasant during the season
- Distance – 34km trekking
Day 01: Dehradun/Rishikesh – Sari(Drive 200kms / 5-6hrs)
Today we reach Dehradun/Rishikesh and after having quick breakfast we start for Kund. Kund is 200 km away from Haridwar and it will take approx. 6-7 hours to reach. The scenic beauty of Kund is mind refreshing. The lush Connifer forest, green meadows and the view of Himalayan range is breathtaking. We stay here for the night.
Day 02: Sari To Deoria Tal (2400m) – 8KM (4hrs)
Visit the famous temple at Ukhimath before embarking on the trail through the town, heading east, up the hill to Deoria Tal. The pretty walk through rhododendrons, takes you to the ridge above the town. Deoria Tal is a small lake with two tea shops around it. The views of the mountain ranges from here are fabulous.
Day 03: Deoriatal – Chopta (2600m, trek /5-6 hrs)
Today is a fairly level walk through some beautiful forest and meadows. If you are trekking in the winter months, expect some snow in the shadow areas. There are two camping options, either camp short of Chopta near a steam, or at the meadows below the shops at Chopta.
Day 04: Chopta to Tunganath temple (3400m) to Chandrashila (3925m) and return to Chopta (2347m) 15KM ( 8 hrs)
Form the picturesque environs of Chopta; take the path through the arch leading up to the temple. Tungnath is a short 3 km trek from Chopta. The temple is only visible in the last few hundred meters. Head up past the temple to the peak. Enjoy the beautiful 360-degree views, before heading down Chopta again and finally to Duggalbitta. In winters, when it snows, the small town of Chopta is deserted and even the tea shops will be shut.
Day 05: Chopta to Dehradun/Rishikesh
After breakfast start drive to Dehradun/Rishikesh and trip end here
Fix Departure tariff 10,500/- excluding service tax of 9%
Tariff For Customized Group Per Person
10,500/- (above 15 Participants)
11,000/- (11-15 Participants)
13,000/- (7-10 Participants)
15,500/- (4-6 Participants)
20,000/- (2-3 Participants)
Transportation charges: Dehradun/Rishikesh to Dehradun/Rishikesh – Rs 2400 per head (For a group of 10 people)
Departure Dates : 26th May, 24th June, 11th Aug & 1st Sept 2017
- Basic Mountaineering Course qualified Guide, Local Guide who has extensive knowledge of the route
- Vegetarian meals on the trek (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner), Cooks/Helper and other requisite staff.
- Transportation (Optional)
- Porters/mules for carrying common equipment (like rations/tents/utensils/), Equipment– Tents on sharing basis / Sleeping bags / Sleeping Mats
- Sleeping mattress and sleeping bag (We would prefer that one should carry his/her own sleeping bag due to hygiene issues, if one has)
- Any equipment required (Ropes, Carabiners etc.), all permit fee,
- Basic First aid Kit and Oxygen Cylinder (If required for this trek)
- Forest Permits and camping charges
- Personal Porters for carrying backpacks of trekkers
- Personal trekking equipment – like trekking poles or sleeping bag liners. We can try to arrange on rent for below mentioned rates
- Personal insurance or cost of emergency evacuation
- Food which are not mentioned in inclusion
- Purchases of personal natures (like mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages/chocolates/dry fruits etc)
- Travel cost before reaching Dehradun and return from Dehradun
Here are our conditions:
For reserving seats you can pay 25% of amount which is non-refundable.
The other amount is payable 30 days prior expedition.
This treks are to be confirmed 30 days prior from trek date. Making arrangements for trekking is tedious and it demands lot of efforts, so a little co-operation from your side is appreciated.
The expenses occurring from change in schedule due to weather conditions or personal health issues are to be borne by the participants. The Himalaya Destination will not be responsible for weather as well as health issues.
We ensure you to have a memorable time with us!
Planning is done well in advance. To make your trip hassle-free & smooth arrangements are made prior.
Cancellation prior to 30 days from date of departure: 25% Refund
Cancellation between 30 days to 20 days prior to date of departure: 15% Refund Cancellation between 20 days prior to date of departure and departure date: No Refund